Sunday, June 5, 2011

His Sacrifice too great for my mediocrity

What a great service today! The Spirit was clearly moving amidst the people.  Worship was great, the Message was great and Communion was great.

While I was sitting in the pew though during communion.....I just felt and was able to put into words the unworthiness of my being in the presence of the holiness of His.  The words came in wholly and complete: "His sacrifice is too great, for my mediocrity"

I don't want to live a mediocre, meaningless life. I want it to count......for Him. I want each and everything I do to give Glory to His Name and to build up the Kingdom. However, Satan likes to have failure loom over our heads and lead us to believe things that simply aren't true......and sometimes ask questions that really make you think about your relationship with your Creator.

Can I ever measure up? Will He love me any less? Will He love me any more? Can I do anything to help "atone" for my sinful self?......While we'd sometimes like to think the answer is yes, it is inevitable.....The answer to all of these questions is NO.

With that, there is a realization of freedom, that is unimaginable. Now this doesn't mean whatever we do we wont be held accountable for, but we will be loved regardless.

Pastor spoke this morning on Isaiah 6:1-9.....the message simply said....we are unworthy, but we can be cleansed and then used......but will we be willing to go....to do The Lords will, to be willing to be used of Him........The Harvest is ready, but the Laborers are few.  Who will go?  Will you be willing?


Prayer:
Here I am Lord....use your servant, in any way you choose.  Take this lifeless life, revive it and cleanse it and refine it so that it can be useful for your kingdom.  Be glorified in every move I make and every word I speak.  In Jesus name, Amen.

1 comment: