Friday, June 10, 2011

Hearers vs. Doers.....

While reading the Word the other day I was thinking....."I remember reading this so many times..." Then the Holy Spirit said....."Then why don't you do it"......I was taken aback.....I thought Yeah! That's the point! To read it AND do it......

So, as I was reading I flipped to James 1:2-"But be doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves."  James pretty much said it is easy to be deceived just hearing the Word, but putting it into practice is the test....that is where the rubber meets the road.  Satan can't get to you as easily, when you are in motion(doing), but when you are idle(hearing only) he can do alot of damage without us even noticing.
We can get pretty comfy in our pew on Sunday mornings...never actually doing anything that makes us the least bit uncomfortable.....I say this to myself really, but recently have been moved to do more....much more....I want to get out of my comfort zone and see God move.  Show Him the risk I'm willing to take and the love that I'm willing to show.......not in my own strength...lets get that straight.

John 21:15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”
   “Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.”
   Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”
 16 Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
   He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”
   Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.”
 17 The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
   Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”
   Jesus said, “Feed my sheep.

Don't just SAY you love him......Love Him.....by doing.....

Prayer
Lord Jesus, you know I love you and want to show you, help me to get out of my comfort zone and give me strength for today for what you have for me and my family.  Lead us and guide us to your perfect will and change our hearts to release the selfishness inside.  May all people know we love you, by our love for them. Give us a supernatural love in our hearts to replace this staleness and stillness.  Stir our hearts to love like you love. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment