Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Retreat

I have been weighed down heavily lately. I take myself too serious sometimes and I tend to over extend myself and then get down on myself when I can't deliver.

I also feel like I've taken some gigantic steps forward in these last few months, which is good...however, I also feel like in doing so, the enemy has tried to knock me down......and quite honestly he is doing a good job. The past few weeks have been an uphill battle for my soul, mind and heart. I am tired. I need to retreat.....even if defeated, crying in the arms of Christ is my comfort. I cannot fight this on my own and I know it. I am now laying down at His feet and resting and being restored, being rejuvenated. I will enter the battle again soon....but hopefully with more strength and knowledge of the enemy than before.

The thing that makes me keep going though is.....I know if the enemy is attacking like this, I must be doing something right.....so I'm grateful and humbled at the same time to be counted worthy of this war.....and looking forward to what God has for me in the future.....for now, I will rest in His peace and gain strength from His Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment